Friday, January 27, 2012

The selvage doesn't lie.....

 The design notations on the selvage of this favorite fabric from my stash reads 2001! Guess I didn't want to rush into anything in deciding what to make with it. I remember the trip to Aurora Sewing Center with my sister Meri and niece Julija. because we did so many fun things that day! Shopping for fabric, breakfast at a favorite Greek diner and a game of Clue when we got home!   If you are ever in Williamville or East Aurora NY be sure to take the time to visit the Aurora Sewing Center. They have a great selection of quilting fabrics, sewing notions and state of the art machines for sale!
In keeping with the spirit of this fabric, much loved and long pondered before cutting and stitching, I applied lots of dressmaker details including hand stitching, french seams and bound seams, ans a custom tag that reads "mine".
I still have some fabric left. Wonder if it will be another ten years before I use it........

No comments:

Post a Comment