Sunday, January 9, 2011

Golden Book Recycle


When I found this Little Golden Book "Ten Little Animals" in a free bin there was only about two  thirds of it still intact. Unfortunately the story suffers for the missing portion, but the illustrations are so adorable and remind me of growing up in the Adirondak Park in NYS, so I decided to recycle it into several projects. Here's the first of those that are completed! The owl pins are one inch punch outs modpoged and easy cast on vintage buttons with added pin backs. The sweet little birchwood box was a dollar bin find from Michaels with a two inch punch out also finished with modpodge. The oval image was also cut with a punch tool (I love the Fiskars brand because you can see the image you will get as you punch it out). The oval badge was placed in embossing metal cut with pinking shears, set grommets and coated with easycast acrylic resin. You should plan on coating your graphics with modpodge or other medium before gluing or sealing with easy cast or you might get bleed through from the other side of a book page.  I'd love to see what you're recycling, so send me links to your "second life" posts!

1 comment:

  1. Hola, me ha parecido muy interesante tu blog, si quieres dar una vuelta por el mio estaria encantada.
    Un beso Paqui y Mari.
    Miss-pereas

    ReplyDelete